NFDI4Earth: next steps
The NFDI4Earth spokesperson, Lars Bernard, explained the next steps for the NFDI4Earth application in an e-mail yesterday, after the NFDI expert committee of the DFG in May 2020 did not recommend the NFDI4Earth application for funding in the first round of the NFDI programme, but instead called on the consortium to submit a new application for the second round.
The revised proposal must be submitted by 30 September 2020. In order to implement this successfully, the following dates are planned, to which existing and new participants in the consortium are cordially invited.
16 June 2020: Online plenary meeting, 9.00 to 11.00 a.m. (additionally on 17 June 2020 for those who cannot attend on 16 June)
- the considerations on the new structure of the proposal and possibilities for existing and new participants to participate in the content are explained
- suggestions, ideas and comments of all participants are discussed
- the next activities (including the timetable) for the application are outlined
24 and 25 June 2020: Online break-out sessions (time: tba)
- with the participation of all participants, the “task areas” in particular will be concretised and their content sharpened
from 26 June 2020
- Writing phase for the revision of the proposal
until 15 August 2020
- a letter of intent for the resubmission of the proposal will be sent to the DFG
Mr Bernard also calls for current activities in Earth System Science to be made visible as “interest groups” in NFDI4Earth and thus to actively participate in the process towards a lively NFDI4Earth community (for more information see here). If you have any questions, please contact Mr Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On 8 and 9 July 2020 the DFG will host a virtual NFDI conference of all current NFDI consortia. NFDI4Earth will be represented there by the speaker.
You are also welcome to follow the further developments of NFDI4Earth via e-mail list (registration here).